Friday, September 22, 2006

Yes I am a slacker. The kids spot needs an update bad. We have just been really busy. Anytime I sit at the computer, I check my email and a few of my message boards and get off. I just don't have a lot of spare time like I use to.
Korben is doing fairly well in school. He is liking it more I assume because he isn't complaining like he use to. Last Thursday I had to pick him up at 8:45am. He got sick 3 times and had what I had the week before. He didn't go to school the next day either so he missed his spelling test. This week he had to catch up on school work from last week during recess time which I did not like. Next time I will write a note and ask if he can do it during music or art class. He needs that outside time bad. He is a boy with loads of energy. Today he brought home a prize (Solar System kit) from the class treasure chest. He was so proud of himself. I think the system is if he gets so many frogs for having good behavior they get to either get candy (7 frogs), Treasure Chest (15 frogs), sitting at the rug, eating with the teacher and eating with the principal. He said he has 10 frogs leftover.
We aren't sure if all the plants are in the right distance stick but its all put together for right now. He lost the center stick (that holds the other sticks up) on the bus. So he found a stick outside and carved it down to put in the middle. He said he has to find a straight stick tomorrow so everything isn't slanted.
Scouts is doing well. He seems to look forward to it now. I guess I am making it fun for the boys. They made chocolate covered Animal Crackers on Monday. It was a bit of a mess but they sure loved it. Our theme this month is Zoo Adventures. Tomorrow, if the weather cooperates, we will be going to the Nashville Zoo for an achievement they need. So far only one other scout and his parents said they will be going.
I'll be updating about Julianna a little later in the week. The website isn't cooperating with me and won't upload anymore pictures. Once it starts working again I have 3 more pictures.

No comments: