All is well here. Nothing really new to report. Julianna is still in potty training mode. She wears her clothdiapers at night and anytime we go anywhere. 99.5% of the time when we get back home she is dry. So the whole controlling to not go is working so far. Of course we do have accidents at home. Yesterday she was upstairs playing. She started walking downstairs and said she had to potty. Made it half way down and peed her pants. oops! At least she knew she had to go and was attempting to get to the bathroom in time.
Korben is doing well. School wise he needs to write neater and focus during class. In spelling he hasn't gotten any higher than a 70% on his tests but is getting 100% on his homework. He is trying his best. He has low self esteem and thinks he can't do anything if it wasn't right the first time. So we are working hard on that. His writing is improving. I was looking over his homework last night and I can actually read it. I like how their spelling homework is set up. Its all based on point system. Like writing words out 6 times each equals 30 points. Doing a word search with those spelling words is 40 points. So however many points you do is your homework grade for the week. I make sure he does 100 points or more.
For reading they have to read 100 minutes from Monday till Sunday so he gets the weekend to read which is good. He is a slow reader and gets soooo mad and frustrated over words. He would rather guess at the words then pronounce them out correctly. But I am seeing and improvement little by little. He just has to slow down and concentrate.
I am doing good. Haven't had much energy all week. SO not much has been done household wise. Its starting to become a mess. I will be 13 weeks on Monday. I've been feeling kicks for a while now. I thought I was further along because I felt movement but nope my doctor did a fundal (?) test and confirmed everything is growing on track for 12 weeks. My due date is still March 21st. If this one is like his/her brother and sister then he/she will arrive around the 16th of March. Julianna and Korben both arrived 5 days before my due date. We have no names picked out. Probably won't do that till I am further along. I am clothdiaper searching/buying. We are going to be doing the prefolds/covers for a while. I don't have the funds for pockets 100% right now. Thinking of making some wool covers form a pattern using old wool sweaters. Figure that would be cheaper than buying the $25 woolies from a WAHM. I did pick up to dyed prefolds that a fellow internet friend made. She has the ApplePieBaby store online. She is awesome at tie dye.
Alright time to go check on Ms. Julianna. Her new favorite show on PBS is Super Why! She loves letters and calls them out anytime they are on TV.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the updates, Amber. I didn't feel kicks until very late this time. That's cool that you are feeling them already!
When do you find out the sex? if you guys are finding out that is?
Post a Comment