Korben got a good report back from school for the first month. He got a A in Social Studies, a B in Reading,and a C in Language Arts(English). He got a F in MAth BUT its because they said he had a missing assignment but it was in his bookbag and it was graded. SO I will have to let his teacher know that he indeed do it. He also got an F in Spelling because he dind't to an assignment (putting his words in ABC order). One day he didn't have his words and he told me that he didn't need to make it up. WRONG! SO I will make sure he has all this work done no matter what. We need to get those F's to better grades.
He also got his TCAP score back from last year. TCAP is the State testing for school kids. I forget what they are called in Ohio but I know I always dreaded them each year. MY hand would cramp up everytime I had to fill in another circle.
Anyways EVERYTHING was passed Average. He was SOOO close into getting Above Average. Many were only 2 or 3 points away. I told him that and he got really excited. He is hard on himself sometimes when he doesn't know something, particularly a spelling word or a math problem. Like me, he is having trouble with multiplication and division. I told him it will take time. Once he gets it, he will never forget it.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment