Well, lets see where I can start at. Monday..Can't remember what we did. I don't think anything. Korben played with his friend Leeza outside.. They looked so cute together. They were both picking (they look like cherries but are hard like apples) but they aren't ripe yet. They were both standing under a branch picking them and testing both me and Leeza's mom out. They were trying to eat them. Leeza's mom told me that they will be going to Russia here in a while. They will be there for 10 weeks. That is where Leeza's mom is from. And Leeza knows three languages, Russian, English and Baby! Bright little girl. But yea Korben will be wanting a playmate for summer and he won't have one. SO we will have to find another playmate. Maybe Issac will be around. Him and Korben are about the same age. We haven't seen them around since Halloween night.
Ok on Tuesday we went swimming. We went to the Recreation Center here on campus. We scanned our ID's to get in and they didn't work. We couldn't get in because we aren't students in the summer program. So we asked if we can pay a guest fee which is like 2 bucks or so. NO we have to buy a membership for the summer which is 50 bucks a person. DON'T THINK SO. I mean man we pay this school $$ to go here we LIVE on campus and we can't use the swimming pool without buying a summer membership. I mean it should be like the YMCA where you go and pay like 3 bucks to use anything. But no stupid ass people. UGH! But so We went swimming for FREE!! Yea it was in a creek but there were alot of people there. And there was a waterfall there. Matt and Korben swam I just watched. I am not to thrilled about swimming in a creek with fish and snakes. YES snakes. I saw two. One in the water and one out of the water. There were three kids (probably like 18) finding snakes and picking them up like Steve Irwin. When I saw them pick it up I HAD to do my Irwin imitation *with my best Australian accent* " Oh I got me a big one here, gotta watch it doesn't strike ya, its a wild one alright" yea I crack myself up! But Korben and Matt had a fun time. I got a little burnt but am recovering! =o)
On Wednesday, Lets see, only thing I can remember is being outside for 4 hours with Korben. YES 4 hours. Matt and I took Korben out at around 3pm to play and we went and got the mail. So after we got the mail we went to the playground. We were there for a while and Matt was getting boted..Boo hoo matt. So I say ok you can go home. We are staying out because I have been inside ALL day long. So Korben and I play outside and a boy about 5 years old comes over and plays with him. Korben helps him put ants in the bucket. That last for like 15 minutes and Korben saw Leeza's mom walk up the sidewalk and he goes and greets her. He walks her to her door and goes right inside their apartment! =o) He wanted to play with Leeza. So I go over and Korben is playing on their floor while Leeza and her Dad are watching the rest of Barney. Leeza's mom went out with a coupld of her girlfriends for dinner so Korben Leeza her dad and I go to the playground and they play for a long time. Going down the slide up the slide (which was Korben) and hanging on the bars and picking up sticks and swinging (flying like an airplane). But he had a blast. If I didn''t tell you Leeza's dad is about 50 or so. He has a 35 year old son so he has to be about 50. Leeza's mom I guess would be about 30 I figure. So I didn't feel a bit weird going to the playground with her dad since he is around my Dad's age. So we left and Korben had a fit! yes a fit. He likes to show his true colors.
And today..Well we didn't get out of the house till about 2:30. So Matt Korben and I go take a walk to the Day Care that Korben will be attending in August to drop off papers. Its called Project H.E.L.P
It was first started out for a Day Care for the handicapped but just recently opened up for the non-handicapped children between the ages of 15 months and 36 months. But its a really nice place with friendly people. They have mostly handicapped children either with hearing difficulties or speaking difficulties or any other handicaps. But it didn't bother me any. I think it bothers Matt a bit but he wouldn't tell me if it did or not. We got to check out all the room and watch them interact with the children in a different room where they couldn't see us. And Korben didn't want to leave. He went outside and played with the other children. Out there there was one with I think Down syndrome and one was deaf and one had dwarfism. The one with Dwarfism (excuses me for that I am not sure what the correct word for it is) she was the cutest little girl. I think she was about 2 or a little younger. They had to hold her or put her into the Little Tykes boat. But I love to have Korben interact with other kids that are special in their own way. Like the Director said that he can set an example for them. Which is good to hear as long as he doesn't teach them bad things! =o) So we come home from there and go to Kmart to pick up a pair of swimming trunks for Korben and a computer game for me. I got "The game of Life" but its boring. You click the mouse to spin the wheel and the car moves. Thats about it. But I am not going to tell MAtt since he bought it for me! =o) I have just been kinda bored at night when there is nothing on Tv.
Plans for Friday and Saturday and Sunday:
Friday: Do three loads of laundry. after laundry go to in-laws to visit. Go to Ray's ( I adopted him as my father-in-law) have him look at my Sims 'Livin Large' game since its not working. Then probably go play Tennise if its not too hot out. and spend the night at in-laws
Saturday: Going to the Lake all day with Ray and BIL Chris. Going to be fun. Hope Korben behaves. Maybe spend the night again at in-laws
Sunday: Dunno yet. Play my game that Ray fixed maybe. And cook dinner at 3 since Matt will have to go to bed at 5pm. He has to work at 1am the next morning. Lucky him huh!?!
Ok that is all. A long Entry I know. I won't slack anymore I promise!! I need to go to bed. Its already 10:22pm I have been wrting for over 30 minutes. YAWN!
No comments:
Post a Comment