This past week has been a little rollercoaster. On Thursday Korben had a rough time with his spelling homework. This involved throwing things off the kitchen table (placemat), erasing his paper so hard that he ripped it, having and puffing because eI wouldn't help with his spelling homework. He couldn't remember if his teacher, Mrs. W, told him to write 8 sentences again using all 16 spelling words or to write each word 5 times. So I told him to write each word 5 times just to be on the safe side. He wrote the sentences on the previous night. So for me as the parent I have no way to 'help' him write his spelling words. I told him if he needed help knowing what the word is to ask me. I was in the other room tending to Julianna at the time.
But he got so frustrated and temperamental, and after the ripping the paper, I told him to rewrite the words. He only had 3 words done. Then came the backtalking and what not. So he got grounded from his friends house. Matt talked to him over the phone about his 'situation.' Matt said that he will have to read one of his library books and do a small 'report' in his journal. This is the book he has to read:

It has 8 chapters, each chapter is 4 pages long (with pictures and big text.) Of course Korbe threw a huge fit cause the book is too long. He has only read the 1st chapter. His grounding won't be removed until the book is finished.
Besides that incident he has been a good kid. He has been helping me wash dishes, some I have to rewash. He has been trying his best to keep the two upstairs rooms cleaned (his playroom and bedroom.) I hope to get his spelling test back tomorrow. I really hope he did good. I asked him how he thought he did. He said he knew all of them except sandwich and picnic. I really don't remember having those words in 2nd grade. School studies has changed.
Julianna
Little Miss Tuffet has been a little handful this past week. We have 'lets rip off our diaper' at least once a day if not twice. We have now locked all of the doors in the hallway. We had to get a small screwdriver just to unlock them. If we just shut them she knows how to open them. This is what I found the other day in the computer room:

I wasn't gone but maybe 5 minutes. She is QUICK! The bottom picture she is smiling at herself in the mirror on the back of the computerroom door. She is such a ham.
Some of you may know that when a child is too quiet that you need to investigate. Well one morning I was checking my email and I didn't hear Julianna at all. I go in the kitchen and I don't see her. Her usual place is on top of the kitchen table, messing with whatever was left on there the night before. I look in the living room, nothing. I come back down the hall and look in her room:

She was sitting quietly in her room, loving on Elmo in her Elmo chair. I had to grab the camera really quick to capture her little Elmo moment. She loves that stuffed doll with the nasty dirty eyeballs. haha
I hope next time I post I will have a few pictures of Korben. He has a minipack meeting for Scouts on Tuesday. I am going to try to remember to get his picture in his Wolf Cub uniform. He hasn't worn it yet. He is a brand spaking new wolf cub.
1 comment:
I absolutely love the pictures, especially the Elmo one!! She looks adorable!
I hope Korben did well on his spelling test.
Post a Comment