Update on Korben's Spelling test.
He brought his test home yesterday. He got a 64 on it. I look over the paper and see that two words were marked wrong. I also noticed that he wrote the word before the number. See he numbered his paper 1 through 16. He ran out of room so he put 13-16 on the other side of the paper. He must have rushed himself and wasn't thinking. He put every word 13-16 on the left side of the paper. He got 13 and 14 marked off even though they were spelled wrong. I wrote a note to his teacher asking why they were marked. She said she thought he spelling 'asl' and 'hisl' instead of 'as and 'his' The 'l' was the number 1. As a teacher I would have spotted this if 4 words were the same way written before the number. She said she would correct it this time. I really hope I don't have an airhead teacher this year. If I was his teacher I would have at least brought it to his attention about writing AFTER the number and asking him to respell the last 4 words.
So he got 4 wrong out of 16 words instead of 6 wrong. PLUS he got an extra credit word write 'apple'. I told him I was proud and that we have to work just a bit harder for this week.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment