Saturday, August 19, 2006

Our Mini Vacation

This year we didn't have big enough funds to go on the vacation that we wanted to go on. Plus Matt couldn't get any paid vacation, that comes through next year. So we decided to take the kids to Huntsville, Alabama and go to the Air And Space Museum. I knew Julianna wouldn't be too interested but we made the best.
As soon as we arrived and got our tickets to go in we headed to the gift shop. Matt headed to the bathroom, as always. Korben wanted to get a box of space guys that cost 20 bucks. I said no way, but he fought and said that it was his money (from his birthday back in April) that he should be allowed to spend it on what he wants. I couldn't see spending that much on little guys that are eventually going to get lost.
So we head out of the shop, meet up with Matt and we are on our way through the Museum. They had alot of neat things there. My personal favorite was all of the different devices that they use while living in space. Like the potty 'chair' and the device they hook up in their suit to relieve theirselves. I also liked all the different food samples they had on display.
Korben of course was rushing us through wanting to look at everything. I had to tell him to slow down that we had ALL day here. We can take our time and read things. His favorite things were the rocket boosters. he also liked to look at all the suits that the astronauts used.
Matt and him did a rocking climbing thing too. Matt reached the top and cheered Korben on. He didn't get too far but he was on the 3rd level course.
We also cruise outside a bit and looked at all the rocket boosters and space vechilces. Matt rode on a ride that shot you straight in the air. If you ever been to Cedar point its that big ride that looks like a needle and you sit around it and you are shot up and it comes down. While Matt was on that Korben, Julianna and I sat and watched. Korben wanted to take some pictures while we were waiting. He took a picture of a apache helicopter, I think thats what it was. There was also other military vechiles out there. Julianna was in her stroller the whole time and wanted out to touch things.
Julianna ended up getting her energy out at a kids area that had a playground of sorts. I had a few pictures of her playing but most of them are blurry due to the never ending Julianna running all over the place. One good shot we have of her is sitting...in her stoller.

1 comment:

Frozin said...

I wished I would have taken more pictures that day. I was too busy enjoying the event. We need to hit Graceland and the Memphis Zoo next!